Monday, August 6, 2007

God of Details

My God is so good! He continues to amaze me with how He has a huge plan and only gives us what we can handle of it..... when we can handle it.

As some of you know, Mandy and I bought a house right across the street from Lyle and Donna Watson in Mauldin. It is a "fixer upper" and demolition will cease tomorrow and reconstruction begins this weekend. We have basically gutted the entire inside down to the stud walls. (((a little known fact--- before I surrendered to full time ministry I had my own remodeling business (or sub-contracted under someone else). This will be the third house that Mandy and I have renovated since our marriage, not counting the one that I did while we were dating)))

Anyway, God (with the help of some of His people who previously owned the property) practically gave us the house. We couldn't share what God was doing through them, but it was awesome to hear that they just felt led to offer us the house at the price they did!

Today Mandy started her journey being a working mom. She will eventually be working 3 - 12 hour days instead of 5 - 8hour days. She came home excited because she is going through orientation with one of the girls that was in our Student Ministry at Eastview Baptist in Belton SC. God gave her a friendly face at just the right time.

Noah looks just like Randy did as a little kid. This is actually a good thing because my brother is def the better looking of the Funderburk boyz. I had a great time with him today playing in "Uncle Buddy's Pool" down the road from my parents house in Greenwood.

Please continue to pray for my mom. Her doc has told her that they will make a decision in the next two weeks to take her knee out or continue trying to fight the staph infection with antibiotics. She is ready to have it taken out... but she is trying to be patient.

I know I promised pictures of Noah, but be patient. My computer connection is still giving me trouble and I hope to have it fixed by the weekend.

To those of you who called today to check on me and encourage me.... thanks!

God is going to be glorified in all of this!

Well... I've gotta go finish reading the book that Pastor Chad spoke of this past Sunday Jim and Casper go to Church
.

-- Later

No comments: