Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finding what your looking for....

I've been looking for something for about four weeks now. I have found things that are similar to what I was looking for, but nothing ever seemed to work with those. I sought to buy what I was looking for... but I needed the one I lost to buy more! I looked everywhere I could think of for this item, even places that I knew in my heart that it couldn't be. What was so interesting is that I found lots of what I was looking for, just not what I needed to find.

Ok enough of this..... what I had lost was Mandy's keys to our Suburban. They were found today in a jacket I hadn't worn in the past month.

As I have gone about my week I have been pondering where I misplaced those keys. I found keys that I simply don't know where they go. I even found a brand new key in the parking lot of the church. I mean it still had the tag from Lowe's where it was cut.

What I finally had to do was concentrate. To get my mind off of myself, off of the daily grind, and off of the so called {problem} to think about where I might have left them. As Mandy and I thought back, I realized that we were wearing coats a month ago..... Mandy assured me she had looked in all the coats.

For some reason she decided to go get the coat I was thinking of and brought it into the dinning room. "Is this the coat?" she said. I replied "yep". She looked again and no keys, but I knew something she didn't. I knew this was a reversible coat and it had another complete set of pockets on the other side (the inside) of the coat..... and that's where they were.

Today's lesson... Only you know where all your pockets are.

Special thanks to David Sutherland for working on the sign today. David is our resident computer guru / webmaster and helped me set up a wireless connection from our new sign to my computer!

I'm really upset at the weather! I'm sure to be sick after today.... but I got some yard work done after work.

Since I couldn't take them to the lake today, I'm going to treat the fam to a meal out tonight.

Farewell.... peace be with you! And may the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

No comments: